Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mediation: Does it really work?

Today in my class my ridiculous teacher decided my advisory (a free period class)  the sisterhood (consist of only girls) should mediation. I thought it was absurd but I had no choice. No participation equals 0 for the day. She made us spread our legs apart, hold our finger and thumb together, and close our eyes. Me and a bunch of other girls played around when she wasn't looking. One girl completely fell asleep. Another looked like she was actually was taking it seriously. But at the end of session I don't think I or anybody else got anything out of it. I even ask the girl who was taking it seriously, "does it really work?". She said she was half sleep so she wouldn't know either. Well from my observation mediation is kind of bogus. But maybe it might work for someone else but it definitely doesn't work for teenagers.  

2 comments:

  1. i kind of agree. my teacher tried that with us but i failed miserably. i kind of felt sorry for her. teenagers= no tolerance for mediation.

    ReplyDelete